After years of efforts, finally the Sunan An-Nasai is now available in English. It is available in its complete version in 6 volumes. Great care has been taken to translate it correctly, in simple yet lucid English language and high quality publishing, just like the other translations of the six books of the Hadith.
The Sunan An-Nasai has the least number of weak ahadith after the two Sahih collections. This Sunan is among one of the six al-Mujtaba or as-Sunan as-Sughara. This is an outline of a huge compilation of ahadith and is considered to be fairly reliable. In the smaller collection, only the ahadith considered to be reliable have been included.
|Size in Inches||6x9x6.5|
|Size in Centimeters||15x22|
It has been compiled by the great scholar of Hadith, Abu Abdur-Rahman Ahmad bin Shu'aib bin Bahr An-Nasai (Nasa' of Khurasan) (214-303AH). Like other great scholars of Hadith, Imam An-Nasai traveled to Baghdad, Ash-Sham, Egypt, Mecca and quite a few other cities in search of knowledge. He was praised by a lot of scholars, including Ad-Daraqutni who said about him: "He is given preference over all others who are mentioned with this knowledge from the people of his time". Quite a few scholars believe that his compilation has the least number of weak narrations among the four Sunan. This book of his has 5761 ahadith, and makes it a priceless addition to a person's library.
This translation has a few advantages, as listed below:
- A final verdict about the authenticity of every hadith (in parentheses at end of every hadith) by the committee of scholars at Dar-us-Salam
- Comments availbale in English after many ahadith to explain points clearly and for furhter explanation of the Hadith
- Translation from old manuscripts of hadith to get the most authentic version
- Revision by three different levels of scholars to get possibly closest to the original meaning
- Side by side access to Arabic and English for ease of use.
- As always the paper quality, binding, design and the print are unmatched.
By: Imam An-Nasai
Translator: Nasiruddin Al-Khattab
Size: 6x9x6.5" (15x22 cm)
Edition: First, Dec 2007
Back to hadith books