This book highlights the role of mothers and provides advice on raising babies and children. Muslim mothers can benefit from it greatly. This book will assist them in training children according to the Islamic value system and be better Muslims as they grow up and find their way in life. This book elaborates upon:
- The Islamic ways of welcoming a new born, rulings concerning the newborn and vaccinations.
- It has a chapter about care of the mother after birth, tips for losing weight, advice for proper diet and emotional care.
- Tips on handling the newborn, cleanliness, feeding, and dressing up. Issues and problems related to Colic and weaning toilet training, and meeting the emotional needs of young ones.
- Handling diseases and physical health at different stages of childhood. Islamic education for child and tips for training for daily life matters according to Islamic code of manners.
This book is rich in practical advice for mothers and covers matters related to newborns and children till the age of four years.
This book has given an overview of the mother's role and touched on the basics of raising babies and small children. Whilst motherhood is one of the most rewarding of roles, it is also a very complex role that brings many trials and challenges that cannot be covered fully in a single volume.
It is hoped that having read this book, readers will go beyond its parameters to learn all they can about how to care for their infants. In the teachings of Islam, the voices of experience provided by our own mothers and grandmothers, and the exchange of ideas and tips with other parents, new mothers can find guidelines to follow as they embark upon the journey of motherhood. The help and advice of doctors, public health nurses and other professionals may also be added to the mother's "support system."
Over and above all that, the Muslim mother can and must put her trust in Allah and seek His help and guidance.
Table of Contents:
- Welcome to the world of Motherhood
- Preparing to welcome the newborn
- Baby's first cry
- How will your newborn look?
- Islamic rulings concerning the newborn
- Care of the mother after birth
- Physical changes in the mother immediately after birth
- Essential care of the mother after childbirth
- What is the best way to lose weight after giving birth?
- Maintaining you weight
- Proper diet for a woman after giving birth
- Postnatal exercises and importance thereof
- Types of exercises that are not recommended during the first few weeks after giving birth
- Advice to the new mother
- Exercises to regain your figure
- Your figure and girdles
- Emotional care of the mother after giving birth
- Enjoy your child and overcome any feeling of distress or depression
- Going back to work
- When is the right time to go back to work?
- Taking care of your baby from birth to 3 months
- Taking care of your baby
- Feeding your baby
- Breast feeding
- The first feeding
- Expressing breast milk
- Contraindications for breastfeeding
- Bottle Feeding
- Keeping your baby clean
- Dressing your baby
- Carrying your baby
- Common childhood problems
- High temperature
- Heat rash
- How much do babies cry on average?
- Your baby is crying : causes and remedies
- Causes that may lead to colic
- How to deal with Colic ?
- Workout your baby's problem from the sound of his crying
- Say no to emotional weaning
- Average sleep times of babies
- Is it better for the mother to sleep to next to her child?
- Where should the newborn baby sleep?
- Should the baby sleep on his back or on his tummy?
- Do babies dream?
- Should i leave my baby to cry on his own until he goes to sleep?
- How will i know when my baby feels sleepy and that he is ready to go to sleep?
- Types of sleep and walking in newborns
- Encouraging your baby to develop good sleep habits
- Is is possible to train my baby to differentiate between day and night?
- Dealing with the sleep disturbances in the babies
- How to deal with early waking?
- Child development from birth to three months
- Pattern of development milestones
- Growth Chart for Girls
- Growth chart for Boys
- The first month
- The second month
- The third month
- Baby from 4 to 6 months
- Feeding your baby
- Introducing solid foods
- When should i start adding some solid food along with breast milk?
- Introducing solid food
- Things to pay attention to when giving your baby solid food
- Foods that must be avoided during this period
- Does solid food change the baby's stools?
- Feeding your baby in fifth and sixth months
- Feeding your baby in sixth month
- Development of the baby form 4 to 6 months
- The fourth month
- The fifth Month
- The sixth month
- Your baby from 7 to 12 months
- Nutrition in seventh and eighth month
- How can i help my baby sleep peacefully and comfortably?
- General changes at this stage(7-12months)
- When will my baby start remembering things?
- Child development 7 to 12 months
- The seventh month
- The eighth month
- The Ninth month
- The Tenth month
- The eleventh month
- The Twelfth month
- Keeping your child safe
- Your baby from one to two years old
- Feeding your child
- When is the right time to stop breastfeeding?
- Encouraging your child to eat healthy foods
- Taking care of teeth milk
- When should the child move from crib to a bed?
- Pampering the child
- Common problems in children at this stage---Prevention and cure
- Bed wetting
- Delay in speaking
- Delay in walking
- Manners and etiquette
- Toilet training
- Step-by-Step guide to toilet training
- Child development from 13 to 15 months
- Child development from 16 to 18 months
- Child development from 19 to 24 months
- Child from two to four years
- The Prophet(P.B.U.H.) and children
- Children and television
- Unacceptable behaviour in the family
- Arguments between the parents in front of the children
- Hitting children
- Insulting or swearing at children
- Developing the child's skills through play
- Examples of fun and educational games for children
- Active play
- Nursery rhymes and songs
- Short stories for children
- Kindergarten and its importance in education
- How to choose a suitable daycare/nursery school for your child?
- Is it the role of kindergarten or nursery school to teach the child how to read and write?
- Preparing the child to read and write in kindergarten
- Common childhood illnesses
- Common cold
- Diarrhoea and dehydration
- Healthy nutrition for your child
- Prevention from diarrhoea
- The danger of kissing your small child on his mouth
- Food allergies
- Chicken pox
- Whooping cough(pertussis)
- Rubella(German Measles)
- Rheumatic fever
- Accident Prevention
- Keeping your child safe from accidents
- Prevention of Poisoning
- Prevention of choking and suffocation
- Prevention of broken bones and falls from high places
- Prevention of fire and electric shock
- First aid for children
- First aid for poisoning
- First aid for burns
- First aid for breaks and fractures
- First aid for near drowning
- First aid for wounds and bleeding
- First aid for bites and stings
- First aid for eye injuries
|Dua asking for general goodness|
|Dua asking for general protection|