“Indeed, the belief of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah is the religion of truth that every Muslim is obligated to believe in. For it is the belief of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and his noble Companions (radhiyyallaahu ‘anhum). So whoever opposes them in that has set himself up for the anger of Allaah and His extreme punishment. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said about the seventy-three sects that shall appear in his Ummah,
"All of them are in the Fire except one, and they are the Jamaa’ah."
Shaykh ‘Abdus-Salaam Ibn Burjiss expounds on a subject which is vitally important to every Muslim adopting the correct creed. He mentions the beliefs of Ahlus-Sunnah, the Saved Sect, the Victorious group that the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) spoke about in numerous ahaadeeth, and offers a general explanation of each.
The Shaykh mentions that every Muslim must have the correct belief regarding:
- Tawheed ar-Rooboobiyyah
- Tawheed al-Asmaa’ was-Sifaat
- Tawheed al-Ilaahiyyah
- The Six Pillars of Eemaan (faith)
- The Ruling of One who has Fallen into Major Sins
- The Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
- The Family of the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
- The Blessings of Allaah’s Friends
- The Obligations Towards and the Respect to be Given to the Leaders of the Muslims
He concludes with two issues that the Muslim should stay away from:
- Disputing about the Religion
- Sitting with the People of Desires