This set includes the first 3 volumes of Musnad Imam Ahmad in Arabic with side by side English translation and comments regarding authenticity. The complete set covering the 27,000 hadith will be in 18 volumes once it is printed. More volumes will be available here once they are available.
One of the greatest compilations of the sunnah and books of hadith is the Musnad by Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, which is organized into compilations of the hadiths narrated by each Companion (Sahabi), starting with the 'asharah mubashsharah ("the ten who were promised Paradise"). This highlights their status and the efforts they made to preserve the ahadeeth of the Messenger of Allah (S).
The scholars and muhadditheen praised the Musnad of Imam Ahmad. Al-Hafiz Abu Moosa al-Madeeni wrote a book in which he highlighted the great features of the Musnad. In his book he said: "This book is an important source and trustworthy reference for the scholars of hadeeth, as he (Imam Ahmad) selected from the large number of hadith he came across and the plentiful reports he heard, and he put a great deal of effort into making it a prominent, leading and reliable source. When disputing an issue, it is a refuge and a source of help."
From the Publisher's Note
The following are the distinctive features of this momentous work:
- The words of the Prophet have been highlighted within brackets.
- Each hadeeth is accompanied by a commentary determining its degree of authenticity, i.e., detailing whether it is authentic, weak, and so on.
- We have specified and referenced which narrations of the Musnad are also found in AI-Bukhari and Muslim.
- The verses of the Quran occurring in the texts of hadeeth have been placed within decorative brackets and referenced.
- Each hadith is accompanied by words, raji' (refer) and unzur (see) followed by hadith numbers indicating where that particular hadith has already occurred and where it will occur again.
Musnad Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal comprises of a set of first three volumes. These books contain some of the 27,000 Ahadith which will be in 18 volumes once printed. These Ahadith have been translated and explained into English language for the readers, however, the volumes contain Arabic text also. This series of hadith collections is a leading yet reliable reference source for Hadith scholars. Some features of this set of books are:
- The actual sayings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) are in parenthesis to separate them from other script.
- All Ahadith have commentary that testifies authenticity of these narrations and sayings.
- Each page shows references from Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.
- Quotes from the Quran occurring in a Hadith are in parenthesis and have references.
- Ahadith narrated by persons other than Imam Ahmad have also been identified.
- Ahadith jointly narrated by Imam Ahmad, his teacher or other narrator have also been identified.