This book presents details related to Hajj which is another important Pillar of Islam. This is a thorough guideline for those who intend to perform this Islamic obligation and need help. Some salient features of this book are:
- The topics have been arranged according to their importance in the sequence of Ibdah for Hajj, it begins with ordainment of Hajj, moves on to the etiquettes of the journey, provisions, types of Hajj, and the rituals.
- The book is replete with references from Quran and Sunnah and the sayings of Scholars about important matters.
- It presents etiquettes of visiting places such as the Prophet’s grave, Prophet’s Mosque, and other places recommended for visiting in al-Madinah.
This book covers all important aspecst of Hajj, Umrah and visiting sacred places in Al-Makkah and Al-Madinah. This is a brief yet useful book of knowledge and advice for the entire Ummah.
In this book, Rites and Selected Etiquettes for Those Intending to Perform Hajj & 'Umrah, and Visitor; the author, 'Abdullah ibn Sa'id ibn Jarash, calls attention to the most important things that those who intend to perform Hajj, 'Umrah, or visit the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah must have as provisions. The author has made his work brief and arranged its topics according to their priorities.
The author mentions a consideroble number of saying of the people of knowledge and calling the attention of the reader to some important matters.
Table of Contents:
- Ordainment of Hajj
- Conditions that make Hajj obligatory
- Pillars of Hajj and Umrah
- Etiquettes of Journey
- Some Etiquettes of Hajj
- The Provision
- Times and places of assuming Ihram
- Designated places for Ihram
- The manner of performing Umrah
- Menstruation and Post-natal Period
- Types of Hajj
- Hajj of male and female minors
- Things forbidden in the state Ihram
- Things one in the state of Ihram is permitted to do
- On the eighth day of Dhul-Hijjah
- Mistakes that some pilgrims commit
- On the ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah
- Movement of Muzdallifah
- Things to be aware of at Muzdallifah
- The day of sacrifice(10th day of Dhul-Hijjah)
- Days of Tashriq(11,12 and 13 of Dhul-hijjah)
- Visiting the Prophet's Mosque
- What one should do at the Prophet's Mosque
- Places recommended for visiting in Al-Madina
- Etiquttes of visiting the Prophet's grave
- Virtue of obligatory and supererogatory Prayers
- Sanctuary of Al-Madina
|Surah Al-Inshiqaq (Chapter 84) from Quran - Arabic English Translation|
|Surah Al-Isra' (Chapter 17) from Quran - Arabic English Translation|