Subsequently, you have from the scholars those who have compiled forty Hadeeth concerning the fundamentals of the religion; others concerning the subsidiary branches, others concerning Jihaad, others concerning Zuhd, others concerning manners, and others concerning admonishments. All of them are righteous intentions and may Allaah be pleased with those who had these righteous intentions. I deemed it appropriate to compile forty (Hadeeth) more important than all of these entirely, and it is forty hadeeth that encompasses all of that. Every hadeeth has in it a grand principle from the principles of the religion.
The scholars have described it as Islaam orbits and revolves around it, or that it is half of Islaam, or a third of it, or similar to these (statements). Thereafter, I was devoted to making these forty (Hadeeth) authentic. Most of it is in Bukhaaree and Muslim. I mentioned them without the chains of narration to promote its memorization and to make its benefit universal, by the will of Allaah, The Exalted. Then I trailed it with chapter headings that are precise in their wording.
It is appropriate for every person who is striving for the hereafter to have knowledge of these ahaadeeth on account of what they incorporate of important affairs and as a result of what they contain of exhortation and directing to all of the obedient acts. In other words apparent to anyone who reflects.
Explanatory Notes on Imam An-Nawawi’s Forty Ahadeeth offers explanation of the famous forty Ahadeeth of Imam An-Nawawi. These Ahadeeth are considered the basis of Islam. They are about the fundamentals of Deen Islam, jihad, Zuhd, Islamic manners and admonishments. Some prominent features of this book are:
- All ahadith in An-Nawawi’s forty Ahadith are authentic and could be found in Sahih Al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.
- Each of the forty ahadith has a principle of Islamic religion.
- Each page has a hadith in Arabic script with translation and commentary in English language.
- References and some explanation are in the footnotes on every page.
- There is a brief biography of Imam an Nawawi at the beginning of the book to enlighten the readers with the life of the great Imam.
- It has concise glossary of useful Islamic terms at the end to assist the reader in getting the best of the book.
This is a highly useful collection of authentic Ahadith that can help the entire Ummah in attaining complete knowledge of Islam and its principles. The explanation of all Ahadith is in refined and easy to comprehend English language. This book is a must have for all Muslims.
|Prophet Muhammad (s) to Allah About His People Who Have Deserted the Quran|
|Prophet Muhammad inviting to Salvation and Islam - Surah Ghafir Verses 41-42 Quran|