The congregational prayer is one of the most important outward manifestations of Islam. Prayer is of extreme importance to the well-being of a person's religion. But prayer in Islam is more than just an individual spiritual experience. It is meant to be performed in a congregation the foundation of Muslim society as a whole.
In this work, Dr. al-Sadlaan has done an excellent job of discussing the most important fiqh topics related to the congregational prayer. The following topics are covered in this work: the wisdom behind the congregational prayer, the place for performing the congregational prayer and the virtues of attending the mosque, the legal status of the congregational prayer, repeating a prayer in congregation, performing salaat al-taraweeh of Ramadhaan in congregation, women performing the congregational prayer and many other topics.
This book is essential reading for all Muslim leaders and Imaams.
Praying is one of the most important aspects and pillars of Islam and it is advised to pray in congregation. As it is a key to achieve the spiritual experience for which every Muslim strives. Congregational Prayers are strongly recommended in Islam. This book is meant to present the idea behind the Congregational Prayers. It also deals with in depth perception of praying together and its benefits. Proper forms of Congregational Prayers are also described. This book is useful for Muslims as it provides:
- Topics related to the essence of Congregational Prayers (Fiqh topics).
- Legal status of praying in congregation in Islam.
- The essence of praying in a group.
- The proper way and place of praying.
- How prayer leads to a spiritual experience that every Muslim desires.
- Virtues and importance of Mosque.
- The importance of Congregational Prayers in the Holy month of Ramadan. Moreover, it also deals with the concept and methods of Salaat al-Taraweeh which is performed in Ramadan.
- Guidelines for Muslim women for offering Congregational prayer.
Prayer is a way to connect to Allah. Hence, a Muslim should be aware of the proper practices, methods and the entire concept of praying. Islam encourages praying in groups or praying together as it has greater benefits for the Muslim society.
|Islam Denounces Terrorism - Islam is a Religion of Peace
|Islam in the Ingushetia region of North Caucasus