The Fundamentals of Tafseer & Tafseer of Soorahs: al-Faatihah, al-Ikhlaas, al-Falaq and an-Naas - By: Shaykh Uthaymeen
Certainly, within every science it is important for a person to learn its fundamentals, so they may generously serve in understanding the science and extracting the principles of what the science has to offer based on those fundamentals. This way, a person's knowledge will be built upon a strong foundation and firmly established roots. It is said that whoever is prevented from learning the fundamentals, he is prevented from arriving (at what benefits the science has to offer.)
One of the most important sciences of knowledge, rather the most important and noble of all sciences is the knowledge of Tafseer, which is the explanation of the meanings of Allaah's speech. The people of knowledge have established fundamentals for it, just as they have with the science of Hadeeth or Fiqh.
I have already written a simple work regarding this knowledge for the students attending the Knowledge Institute at Imaam Muhammad ibn Su'ood Islaamic University. Some people requested that I make it a separate book to make it easier and more thorough. As a result, I have now done this, and I ask Allaah to benefit others by it.
The Fundamentals of Tafseer and Tafseer of four Soorahs is a useful book for understanding the rules and principles for Tafseer of the Noble Quran. The book has been segmented into two sections: Book1 presents the principles of Tafseer, and the classification of the Quran; book2 contains the Tafseer of four short Surahs: Surah Al-Fatihah, Surah Al-Akhlaas, Surah Al-Falak, Surah An-Naas. Some features of the book are:
- It reveals basic facts about the Quran and its revelation. It relates the reasons behind the revelation of this Book (Quran), collection and writing of the Quran, classification of Makkee and Madanee surahs.
- It defines Tafseer, discusses rulings of Tafseer, obligations of Muslims about Tafseer, and differences in Tafseer.
- It also has biographies of famous scholars of Tafseer.
- It also contains a brief biography of the author, Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih Al-Uthaymeen at the beginning of the book.
- There are innumerable references to the Quran and Sunnah. All quoted verses from the Quran have been translated into English.
This is a comprehensive treatise on the subject of Tafseer which can enlighten many Muslims about the fundamentals and rulings of Tafseer.
|Similarities of Some Verses in the Quran and the Bible|
|Sinning Repeatedly and Asking Allah for His Forgiveness|