This comprehensive work by Dr. Al-Hashimi is a valuable contribution for our English readers who will find the knowledge contained therein truly beneficial and inspiring.
The Ideal Muslimah is proud of the great position that Islam has given her among humanity. She performs her duties knowing that her role is clearly defined and that her rights are still, even today, greater than any other ideology has provided. She is a woman of moral excellence, true to her nature, not confused by alien and morally bankrupt ideas.
She preserves her self-respect and dignity through her piety in obedience to Allah (SWT) and His Messenger (PBUH). She is the role model that every true believer hopes to emulate.
You will learn about the following topics -
The Muslim Woman And Her Rabb
The Muslim Woman And Her Own Self
The Muslim Woman And Her Parents
The Muslim Woman And Her Husband
The Muslim Woman And Her Children
The Muslim Woman And Her Sons- And Daughters- In Law
The Muslim Woman And Her Relatives
The Muslim Woman And Her Neighbors
The Muslim Woman And Her Friends And Sisters In Islam
The Muslim Woman And Her Community/Society
By: Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi
Translator: Nasiruddan al-Khattab
Size: 6×9" (15×22 cm)
Dr. Muhammad Ali al-Hashimi explains to the Muslim women in this book, that they have important roles to play in shaping the lives of their families and community. Islam has defined fixed roles for women and given them important responsibilities of raising their families and strengthening their communities. The true Islamic personality of the Muslim woman is best revealed as a mother, a wife, a guardian of her husband’s honour, and the protector of Islamic values and traditions.
The foremost duty of a Muslim woman is to her Lord, the Lord of the heavens and the earth. Her blind faith and obedience to Him render her true character that enables her to face even the most difficult circumstances with “strength, understanding and maturity”. It is important for a Muslim woman to understand that she has to “strike a balance between her external appearance and internal nature” and it is her duty to observe personal hygiene in particular.
The book also lays down immense importance on the education of women. By citing the example of Aisha, The Mother of Believers, who was the first Faqihah in Islam, the author makes it clear that Islam is a progressive religion that encourages women to pursue education and enlighten themselves and their families. The Muslim woman is not an isolated member of Islamic society- in fact she makes up an integral part of it. She is responsible for the upbringing of the future generations and in this regard, the role she plays is of superior importance than what is generally assumed about her.
This book discards the Western notions about Islamic women that she is not deemed as equal to men. On the contrary, rather than treating and portraying women as mere objects of sexual fantasies and desires, Islam gives women her full rights at home and in the society at large. The book shows how Islam strongly discourages gender bias and by defining fixed roles for men and women, it promulgates equality and balance in society.
- is full of accounts of the exemplary women in the history of Islam
- categorically studies and analyzes the role of women in different contexts
- enjoins great respect to motherhood
- provides footnotes for each section, thus making referencing easier
- sheds light on matters pertaining to marriage, parenting, and society
- educates young Muslim women about the freedom of will that they enjoy in choosing their husbands
- covers almost all aspects of life of a woman- her rights and duties are explained in a detailed manner; so that Muslim women may mould their lives according to the teachings of Islam
- restores the dignity and honour of women, which has either been over-looked or forgotten since centuries
- is highly recommended for all those aspiring mothers who want their children to excel in this world and the hereafter
- is about strengthening the pillars of Islamic society through the wisdom and virtue of Muslim women.
A woman plays various roles in all walks of life. For instance, she is a daughter, sister, wife and a mother. Islam has provided complete guidelines to women. These guidelines can help women become ideal Muslim women closer to Allah and his Prophet (SAW). This book written by Dr. Al-Hashimi describes the characteristics of an ideal Muslim woman. These ideologies are presented in the light of Quran and Sunnah. It presents:
- Duties of a woman according to her nature of her role of a mother, wife, daughter or sister.
- The belief that women can maintain piety, rightfulness and self-respect by following the guidance of Allah and His Prophet (Peace be Upon Him). This makes them a true role model for all.
- Historical views of the lifestyles of various important women in Islam. Their morals and ideologies made them a role model for women in all times.
- Islam encourages women to take care of themselves physically, mentally and spiritually. They are encouraged to take good care of themselves, get educated and strive harder for spiritual happiness.
In today’s world women are discouraged to do many things and there is a very negative perception about rights of women in Islam. Hence, this book clears out all the ambiguities and explains the importance of women. Moreover, it also explains how Muslim women are supposed to lead their lives. These concepts are based entirely on Quran, Sunnah and the lives of important ideal Muslim women.