Saudi Arabia dominates the Arabian Peninsula with the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aqaba to the west and the Persian Gulf to the east. Saudi Arabia is surrounded by neighbors with Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Bahrain sharing land and water borders. Saudi Arabia is also home to Islam’s two most important Holy places, the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca and Masjid al-Nabawi in Medina.
Saudi Arabia - Facts and Figures
- Official name is Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The terrain is mostly sandy desert. Much of it is uninhabited.
- Climate is harsh and dry, typical of a desert with extremes temperature. Hot at daytime and cold at nights.
- Its land boundaries are 4,415 kilometers, of which 2,640 is coastline.
- Area: 1,960,582 sq km.
- Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of Islam in the seventh century. It became Saudi Arabia in the 20th Century with the Ottomans being overthrown by the Saud family.
- Population is 27 million with Arabs making up 90% and Afro-Asians comprising 10%.
- The official language is Arabic.
- Saudi Arabia is 100% Muslim.
- Capital is Riyadh. Other large cities include Jeddah and Mecca.
- Major exports are petroleum and petroleum products.
- The local currency is the riyal.
- Agricultural products are wheat, barley, tomatoes, melon, dates, citrus fruits, mutton, chickens, eggs and milk.
- Major trading partners include United States, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore and Germany.
- Sharia Law was introduced in 1992. Previously, it was an absolute monarchy.
Printed Heart Satin-feel Light weight Kaftan dress - Muslim Clothing
A beautiful Kaftan dress made in satin soft material to give you a comfortable feeling. The kaftan dress is made in s...
Jaleelah Sequined Jersey Fabric Thobe for Women - Muslim women clothing
A very stylish and sober thobe made from jersey strtech fabric imported from the markets of Dubai. The thobe comes in...
Henna Black Abaya with Beads and Borders - Middle Eastern Clothing
An extremely rich-looking and elegant black lycra Abaya imported from the Middle eastern fabric. The Abaya's fabric i...
Colorful Satin Kaftan for Ladies with Kimono Sleeves - Arabic dresses
A very elegant Printed Kimono sleeves Satin Kaftan. The colorful artistic prints in bright bold hues adds to the beau...
Classic Sparkle Arabic Thobe for Ladies - Islamic Clothing
This is a gorgeous polyester thobe. Artistically embroidered on the front and sleeves, this dress is available in man...