Qatar is a tiny peninsular that juts out of the eastern part of the greater Arabian Peninsular. To the west is Saudi Arabia, with which it shares a border, and to the south is United Arab Emirates. The country is mainly a barren desert with very little arable land and no forests or woodlands. It is constantly threatened by haze and sandstorms.
Qatar - Facts and Figures
- Official name is the State of Qatar (Dawlat Qatar).
- Qatar’s terrain is mostly flat and barren desert covered in loose sand and gravel.
- Climate is typical desert weather; hot and humid in the summer.
- Qatar has a 60-kilometer land boundary with Saudi Arabia and a smaller border with United Arab Emirates. Its coastline is 563 kilometers long.
- Area: Its land occupies 11,437 sq km in total.
- Once controlled by Bahrain, Qatar almost became part of the United Arab Emirates in 1971. However, both Qatar and Bahrain decided to form independent nations.
- Population is around 890,000. Arabs constitute 40% of the population with other races being Pakistanis (18%), Indian (18%), Iranian (10%) and others (14%).
- The official language is Arabic with English being a common second language.
- Islam practiced by 95% of the population.
- Capital city is Doha. Other cities include Al-Rayyan and As Salwa near the Saudi border.
- Qatar’s major exports are liquefied natural gas, petroleum products, fertilizer and steel. Natural resources include petroleum, natural gas and fish.
- The local currency is the Qatari riyal.
- Agricultural products include fruits, vegetables, poultry, dairy products, beef and fish.
- Major trading partners include Japan, South Korea, Singapore, India, France, United States, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Germany and United Kingdom.
- Government is a constitutional monarchy.
Printed Heart Satin-feel Light weight Kaftan dress - Muslim Clothing
A beautiful Kaftan dress made in satin soft material to give you a comfortable feeling. The kaftan dress is made in s...
Jaleelah Sequined Jersey Fabric Thobe for Women - Muslim women clothing
A very stylish and sober thobe made from jersey strtech fabric imported from the markets of Dubai. The thobe comes in...
Henna Black Abaya with Beads and Borders - Middle Eastern Clothing
An extremely rich-looking and elegant black lycra Abaya imported from the Middle eastern fabric. The Abaya's fabric i...
Colorful Satin Kaftan for Ladies with Kimono Sleeves - Arabic dresses
A very elegant Printed Kimono sleeves Satin Kaftan. The colorful artistic prints in bright bold hues adds to the beau...
Classic Sparkle Arabic Thobe for Ladies - Islamic Clothing
This is a gorgeous polyester thobe. Artistically embroidered on the front and sleeves, this dress is available in man...