Jordan shares its borders with four territories – Israel in the west, Syria in the north, Iraq in the east and Saudi Arabia in the south. To the west, there is also the Dead Sea. Most of the country is made up of hills and mountains while the southern part of the Jordan River flows through the country.
Jordan - Facts and Figures
- Official name is The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- The terrain in Jordan is mostly desert plateau in the east and higher land in the west. The East and West Banks of the Jordan River are separated by the Great Rift Valley.
- Jordan’s climate is mainly arid desert. From November to April is the rainy season.
- Its land boundaries total 1,619 kilometers. Coastline consists of only 26 kilometers.
- Area: 92,300 sq km in total, 91,971 sq km of land and 329 sq km of water.
- Islam arrived in Oman around the seventh century AD after being conquered by the Arabs. It has since been administered by the Ottomans and the British.
- Population is around 6 million. Arabs make up 98% while other races include Circassian and Armenian.
- Official Language is Arabic. English is also spoken.
- Islam is the majority religion with 92% being Sunnis while 6% are mainly Greek Orthodox Christians.
- Capital city is Amman. Other cities are Zarka, Irbid and As-Salt.
- Jordan’s major exports are clothing, phosphates, fertilizer, potash, vegetables and pharmaceuticals. Natural resources include phosphates, potash and shale oil.
- The local currency is the Jordanian dinar.
- Agricultural products include wheat, barley, citrus fruits, tomatoes, melons, olives, sheep, goats and poultry.
- Major trading partners are United States, Iraq, India, Saudi Arabia, China and Germany.
- Government is a constitutional hereditary monarchy.
Thank you! Free Islamic Clothing and Books Items!
Thank you for your interest in free items and Islamic books from HilalPlaza.com! From time to time we offer free merc...
Free Islamic Book Offer
As part of this offer, we will send you one Free Islamic book with your order of $20 or more. We are offering this f...
Sign-up at HilalPlaza
Sign-up below to get updates on new products. Your Name: Your Email: We respect your e...
Rabiya Lycra Stretchable Abaya with Belts and Panels - Arabic dresses
A very beautiful Abaya imported from the Middle eastern fabric. The Abaya's fabric is lycra blend, which makes it str...
Printed Heart Satin-feel Light weight Kaftan dress - Muslim Clothing
A beautiful Kaftan dress made in satin soft material to give you a comfortable feeling. The kaftan dress is made in s...