Morocco lies across the Strait of Gibraltar on the Mediterranean from the north and the Atlantic Ocean from the northwest. It is bordered by Algeria to the east and Mauritania from the south and is famous for the Atlas Mountains, which run northeastwards from the south to near Algeria.
Morocco - Facts and Figures
- Official name is Kingdom of Morocco.
- Morocco’s terrain is diverse. The northern coast and interior are mountainous, large areas of which border plateaus. The coastal plains near the Atlantic Ocean are rich and fertile.
- Climate is Mediterranean becoming more extreme as you move inland.
- Morocco’s land borders total 2,017 in length while its coastline is 1,825 kilometers.
- Area: 446,550 sq km, of which 446,300 sq km is land and 250 sq km sis water.
- Berbers have been natives of Morocco for centuries before the Arabs brought Islam at the end of the seventh century. Achieved independence from France in 1956.
- Population of Morocco is almost 33.5 million, with Arab-Berbers accounting for 99.1%.
- The official language is Arabic. Also spoken are the Berber dialects and French in business, government and diplomacy.
- Muslims make up 99% of the population while the rest are Christians.
- Capital is Rabat. Other large cities are Casablanca, Fez and Marrakech.
- Major exports are clothing, fish, inorganic chemicals, transistors, crude minerals, fertilizers, petroleum products, fruits and vegetables.
- The local currency is the dirham.
- Agricultural products are barley, wheat, citrus, wine, vegetables, olives and livestock.
- Major trading partners include France, Spain, United Kingdom, Italy, United States, Germany, Russia, Saudi Arabia and China.
- Government is a constitutional monarchy.
Colorful Satin Kaftan for Ladies with Kimono Sleeves - Arabic dresses
A very elegant Printed Kimono sleeves Satin Kaftan. The colorful artistic prints in bright bold hues adds to the beau...
Classic Sparkle Arabic Thobe for Ladies - Islamic Clothing
This is a gorgeous polyester thobe. Artistically embroidered on the front and sleeves, this dress is available in man...
Arabic Allure Evening Maxi Dress - Muslim clothing for women
This elegant A-line Designer Wear Georgette Party dress is our newest addition from the Middle East. The ensemble is ...
Sharjah Abaya with Beaded Sleeves - Muslim Clothing
A very comfortable yet stylish Abaya - Sharjah style - made from 100% Abaya fabric (Polyester based) that is sure to ...
Dual Colored Jeddah Abaya - Islamic Clothes
A very pretty Dual Colored Jeddah Abaya for the Muslim women. The fabric is comfortable polyester black on the sides,...