Malaysia or “The Federation of Malaysia” is located in Southeast Asia. Malaysia is divided into two geographical regions, which are divided by the South China Sea. The first region is called West Malaysia (Peninsular Malaysia, Malay Peninsula). This region shares a land frontier on the north with Thailand and is connected by a causeway and a bridge on the south with the island state of Singapore. The other region, East Malaysia, is bordered to the south by Indonesia and borders the Sultanate of Brunei on the east, south, and west.
Malaysia - Facts and Figures
- Located in Southeast Asia
- Consists of the Malaysian Peninsula and the States of Sabah and Sarawak on the island of Borneo
- Malaysia's coastline is 4,800 km long
- Malaysia has over two hundred islands.
- Malaysia's population is about 24 million (50% Malays, 38% Chinese, 11% Indians)
- Official Language is Bahasa Melayu. Chinese dialects and Tamil are spoken by the respective ethnic groups. English is the official language when conducting business.
- Religion: Muslims are in the majority with religions of other cultures represented by Buddhists, Taoists, Confucianists, Hindus, Sikhs and some Christians.
- Capital city is Kuala Lumpur
- Other cities: Ampang Jaya, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Klang
- More than two-thirds of the country is covered by jungles
- Malaysia is the world's largest rubber producer
- Malaysia's climate is hot and humid - cooler in the highlands.
- The local currency is Ringgit Malaysia (RM)
Rabiya Lycra Stretchable Abaya with Belts and Panels - Arabic dresses
A very beautiful Abaya imported from the Middle eastern fabric. The Abaya's fabric is lycra blend, which makes it str...
Printed Heart Satin-feel Light weight Kaftan dress - Muslim Clothing
A beautiful Kaftan dress made in satin soft material to give you a comfortable feeling. The kaftan dress is made in s...
Jaleelah Sequined Jersey Fabric Thobe for Women - Muslim women clothing
A very stylish and sober thobe made from jersey strtech fabric imported from the markets of Dubai. The thobe comes in...
Henna Black Abaya with Beads and Borders - Middle Eastern Clothing
An extremely rich-looking and elegant black lycra Abaya imported from the Middle eastern fabric. The Abaya's fabric i...
Colorful Satin Kaftan for Ladies with Kimono Sleeves - Arabic dresses
A very elegant Printed Kimono sleeves Satin Kaftan. The colorful artistic prints in bright bold hues adds to the beau...