Malaysia or “The Federation of Malaysia” is located in Southeast Asia. Malaysia is divided into two geographical regions, which are divided by the South China Sea. The first region is called West Malaysia (Peninsular Malaysia, Malay Peninsula). This region shares a land frontier on the north with Thailand and is connected by a causeway and a bridge on the south with the island state of Singapore. The other region, East Malaysia, is bordered to the south by Indonesia and borders the Sultanate of Brunei on the east, south, and west.
Malaysia - Facts and Figures
- Located in Southeast Asia
- Consists of the Malaysian Peninsula and the States of Sabah and Sarawak on the island of Borneo
- Malaysia's coastline is 4,800 km long
- Malaysia has over two hundred islands.
- Malaysia's population is about 24 million (50% Malays, 38% Chinese, 11% Indians)
- Official Language is Bahasa Melayu. Chinese dialects and Tamil are spoken by the respective ethnic groups. English is the official language when conducting business.
- Religion: Muslims are in the majority with religions of other cultures represented by Buddhists, Taoists, Confucianists, Hindus, Sikhs and some Christians.
- Capital city is Kuala Lumpur
- Other cities: Ampang Jaya, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Klang
- More than two-thirds of the country is covered by jungles
- Malaysia is the world's largest rubber producer
- Malaysia's climate is hot and humid - cooler in the highlands.
- The local currency is Ringgit Malaysia (RM)
Colorful Satin Kaftan for Ladies with Kimono Sleeves - Arabic dresses
A very elegant Printed Kimono sleeves Satin Kaftan. The colorful artistic prints in bright bold hues adds to the beau...
Classic Sparkle Arabic Thobe for Ladies - Islamic Clothing
This is a gorgeous polyester thobe. Artistically embroidered on the front and sleeves, this dress is available in man...
Arabic Allure Evening Maxi Dress - Muslim clothing for women
This elegant A-line Designer Wear Georgette Party dress is our newest addition from the Middle East. The ensemble is ...
Sharjah Abaya with Beaded Sleeves - Muslim Clothing
A very comfortable yet stylish Abaya - Sharjah style - made from 100% Abaya fabric (Polyester based) that is sure to ...
Dual Colored Jeddah Abaya - Islamic Clothes
A very pretty Dual Colored Jeddah Abaya for the Muslim women. The fabric is comfortable polyester black on the sides,...