To read the Arabic text of the Quranic Verses in their correct form is of prime importance to every Muslim, as the meanings of the Arabic words are changed with little changes of the diacritics. So, to help those readers and reciters who are not too familiar with the Arabic language or cannot read Arabic, Darussalam has prepared this edition of the Noble Quran inserting the transliteration of the Noble verses along with their translation. It is hoped that this presentation will be of great help and benefit in this regard.
All praise and thanks are Allah's, the Lord of Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists) and peace be upon the Master of the Messengers, Muhammad (S). This interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Quran has been revised and the following changes have been made:
- Each Verse has been put separately with its English interpretation.
- The Arabic text of the Noble Quran has been taken from Mushaf Al-Madinah An-Nabawiyyah, which has been printed by the Mujamma' of King Fahd of Saudi Arabia for the printing of Al-Mushaf Ash-Sharif in the year 1405 A.H., according to the instructions of the Vice-Chancellor of the Islamic University, instead of the old Arabic text of the previous print of this book which was printed in the United States and Turkey, by the Turkish Calligrapher Sheikh Hamid Al-Amadi.
- There are some additions and subtractions of Chapters and Ahadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari and other Ahadith collections.
- Some additions, corrections, and alterations have been made to improve the English translation and to bring the English interpretation very close to the correct and exact meanings of the Arabic text.
- One more column is added in this particular edition of the interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Quran, providing the readers the transliteration of the Arabic Verses along with their translation. It is hoped that the readers will be able to recite the Noble Verses in more correct way taking the help of transliteration.
Translators: Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilah & Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan
A NOTE FROM THE PUBLISHER
Islam is a heavenly system (or regime) for all the dwellers of the earth, and it is a mighty treasure if only mankind realizes its authenticity and truth. And in what a great need the whole world is today for real understanding and thorough studying of its rules and regulations. And how many disasters, calamities and wars, the mankind of the whole world is suffering because of their differences in their Faith.
Invitation to Islam is incumbent upon all those who have known it, and have enjoyed its taste and have been guided through its guidance. So we are presenting the interpretation of the meanings of the Noble Quran which is completed and printed with the Help of Allah. All praise and thanks are Allah's, with Whose blessings are completed the righteous deeds. Peace. Blessings and Graces of Allah be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and his Companions.
Allah has sent Quran to us through His Messenger Muhammad. This Noble Book provides us guidance in all respects whether it is a matter of life or death. It is incumbent upon us to recite the Noble Quran as much as we can, and as correct as we can. The Prophet Muhammad ; has said: "The best of you is he who learns the Quran and teaches it."
So, to learn it correctly and teach it correctly, we have to care about the correct pronunciation of the Arabic words. To provide ease with the correct pronunciation of the Arabic words. we are producing this special edition of the Noble Quran incorporating in it the transliteration of the Arabic Verses. It is hoped that this edition will help greatly in this regard.
Lastly, I thank all the brothers who participated in the accomplishment of this colossal work particularly brother Abdul Ahad and brother Mohammad Munawar who checked and rechecked again and again the manuscript with great perseverance. May Allah the All-Mighty bestow on them a great reward in this world and in the Hereafter.
ABDUL MALIK MUJAHID
Darussalam, Publishers and Distributors
|Concerns for Suffering Muslims and Helping them in Need
|Consequences of a bad Tongue