FREE SHIPPING FOR US-BASED RESIDENTS
The story of the first 100 years of Islam is nothing short of fascinating. From the birth of Islam in a small cave to the complete revelation of the Quran from the heavens, the rapid Islamic expansion around the globe, the split of sects, and more provides the reader of this book a complete foundational understanding of everything one needs to know about how Islam started, where it is today, and where it's going.
It was during these 100 years that the world saw the dawn and downfall of the Islamic caliphate, the battles with the Romans and Byzantines, the start of the Sunni and Shia conflict and the many bloody wars in Syria and Iraq, and the expansion of Islam to Northern Africa, present days of India and Pakistan, the ex-soviet states, and Europe.
These first 100 years contain enough details to provide the reader of this book how and why things are the way they are even today after so many years. Just see the topics discussed below. It's one of the best books that summarizes all key events and happenings in 200 pages and is a must for all.
Consider some of these events:
- A Jew named Abdullah Ibn Saba became a Muslim and started to instigate fitnah and discord between Muslims of Iraq, Syria, and present-day Saudi-Arabia.
- Abdullah Ibn Saba was the first person to attribute divinity to Caliph Ali. Ali strictly forbade him and later imprisoned and punished him.
- How things started to get out of control during Caliph Uthman's time due to the fitnah of Abdullah Ibn Saba and how that resulted in the plot to assassinate Caliph Uthman
- How Muawiyah refused to pledge allegiance to Caliph Ali because according to him Ali hadn't put in the effort to prosecute the killers of Caliph Uthman.
- The start of the "Shiat Ali" group during Caliph Ali's time that many years later eventually turned into the Shia of today (the details are in the book on their transformation and how Mukhtar Al-Thaqafi was responsible for that)
- How the appointment of Yazeed as the caliph split the Muslims
- How Abdullah bin Zubair stopped Imam Hussein from going to Kufa in Iraq - a trip that later cost him his life
- And more
This unique book provides a unique view of Islamic history starting from the time when Makkah did not exist as a city and takes the reader through the First 100 years of Islamic history to a time when the Muslim territories included areas in present-day Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Israel, Palestine, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Tunisia, Turkey, and Morocco.
Learn about the history of the Islamic caliphate, Shia Sunni history and how Shia split into a new sect, the various conflicts in that history, and much more.
Connect the dots in history from the time when Makkah started to 100 years later that comprised of a vast Muslim Empire.
In this publication, you will learn the following:
- Pre-Islam Arabia and the beginnings of Makkah as a city
- Prophet Muhammad's life and Quranic revelation
- The Message of Islam revealed on the Prophet
- History of the early years of the Muslim Caliphate
- Lives of the Rashidun Caliphs (Abu Bakr, Umar Ibn Khattab, Uthman Ibn Affan, Ali Ibn Abu-Talib, Hassan Ibn Ali)
- The early Muslim Caliphs
- Early battles between the new Muslims, Romans, and the Persian Empire
- Conquests and Conflicts during the first 100 years
- How one person started the fitna/instigation that later resulted in the Shiite (Shia) split from the people of Sunnah (Sunnis)
- Differences between the Shia and Sunni
- The Battle between Caliph Ali and Ayesha
- The Battle between Caliph Ali and Muawiyah (Governor of Syria)
- Story of times when multiple Muslim caliphs ruled the Muslim lands
- The story of the Khawarij (Extremist dissenters)
- Banu Umayyah Caliphate (Time when the Shia Sect took off)
- Caliphate capitals (Madinah, Kufah, Damascus)
- Stories of conflict that brewed between Madinah, Kufah, Basrah, and Syria
- Hajjaj Ibn Yousuf's Tough Governance over the people of Iraq
- and much more.
Paperback: 200 pages
Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches