Get multiple copies for your neighbors, co-workers, friends, and others. A small guide that packs the basic peaceful knowledge about Islam.
A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam is an introductory book on Islam.
For non-Muslims who would like to understand Islam, Muslims (Moslems), and the Holy Quran (Koran), this book serves as an Islamic guide. This book consist lots of information, bibliography, references and illustrations. Also, the book has been assessed and edited by many professors and well-educated people. Even though it contains much scientific knowledge, it is brief and simple to read.
It serves as a good Islamic dawah tool, helps in explaining some of the fundamentals of Islam, as well signifying verses of the Qur'an and the way they relate to science and the world around us.
In the first chapter, Some Evidence for the Truth of Islam, some important questions which have been asked by some people are answered:
- Is the Quran truly the literal word of God, revealed by Him?
- Is Muhammad (S) truly a prophet sent by God?
- Is Islam truly a religion from God?
Six kinds of evidence are mentioned in this chapter:
- The Scientific Miracles in Holy Quran
- The Great Challenge to Produce One Chapter Like the Chapters of the Holy Quran
- Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad (S), the Prophet of Islam
- The Verses in the Quran That Mention Future Events Which Later Came to Pass
- Miracles Performed by Prophet Muhammad (S)
- The Simple Life of Muhammad (S)
From the above mentioned six kinds of evidence, we conclude that:
- The Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him.
- Muhammad (S) is truly a prophet sent by God.
- Islam is truly a religion from God.
We should not depend on our emotions, feelings, or traditions if we would like to know if a religion is true or false. We should rather depend on our reason and intellect. When God sent the prophets, He supported them with miracles and evidence proving that they were truly prophets sent by God and hence that the religion they came with is true.
In the second chapter, Some Benefits of Islam, some of the benefits provided by Islam for the individual are mentioned, such as:
- The Door to Eternal Paradise
- Salvation from Hellfire
- Real Happiness and Inner Peace
- Forgiveness for All Previous Sins.
In the third chapter, General Information on Islam, general information on Islam is provided, some misconceptions about it are corrected, and some commonly asked questions are answered, such as:
- What does Islam say about terrorism?
- What is the status of women in Islam?